As promised, we’re launching today. Being A Digital Nomad, the book, is finally available. This is my 9th book, and one that is very dear to me. It started as a side project a few months ago, based on the fact that I was constantly living as a digital nomad, but, mind you, nobody seemed to understand what a digital nomad is. So, I started to sketch the table of contents, just to be able to let other people know how I lived. Also, I started to write at least two days per week.
Time passed by and other projects took on. The book had to be put aside for a while. And then a few months passed by. And then nothing happened. Somehow, it looked that this project was stalled.
So, I decided I need an incentive, or something bigger than an incentive, something that will actually force me into finishing this book. So I started an Indiegogo campaign. I got 15 bakers, and raised $245. Even if I had only one donor, that would have been enough of an incentive for me to write the book. So, in a way, Indiegogo worked. Because there were 15 people waiting for the book to be written, I forced myself into work, and delivered.
If you read my blog constantly, then you know the main themes of the book. But if you’re not a regular reader, here’s what you may find in this book:
- what is a digital nomad, definitions, advantages of this lifestyle and pitfalls
- the answer to the question: “is this lifestyle sustainable?”
- living off the grid: what does it mean, what are the reasons and what benefits, if any, you may have
- surviving in this world, or the business part of it, including a few examples of product formats
- productivity techniques
- motivation techniques
- a new approach to delivering value: 6 degrees of integration (based on the famous axiom that you can reach to any person in this world, by only 6 steps, a.k.a “6 degrees of separation”
- and last, but not least, the story of Open Connect, the event I started nine months ago in my favorite “office. A Starbucks, that is.
The book is instantly available as a PDf, you can get it for $8.99 by clicking As of June 2014, this book is distributed on a “get it for free, pay what you like” model. Meaning you can just download it from here and pay whatever you want.
or on the image below. Printed, Kindle and iBookStore versions will follow soon. For all the Indiegogo bakers who took the “printed” perk, it will take a few more days until I’ll get my hands on the printed version. For those who got the “online” perk, watch your inbox, a copy of the book it will be on its way for it today.