Lyman Reed, from CreatingABetterLife.net, just tagged me with one of the simplest, yet extremely chalenging memes: why do I blog? I do have to come out with 5 answers for that, and then I do have to have another 5 persons to tag for myself… Without further ado, here it is:
- Because I enjoy writing. I always did. I wrote poetry when I was young, two novels, short stories, you name it… And, since I decided to try my entrpreneur role in this world, I also wrote a lot of business plans, job descriptions, contracts, and, being one of the lucky fellows out there, a lot of invoices too 😉
- Because I use it as a “RAM empty” tool. Being a convinced GTD-er, I truly enjoy the benefits of a – mostly – empty mental RAM. Empty from open-loops, of course…
- Because it helps me meet people. Once you’ve done it correctly, a blog becomes a micro-cosmos of you, and the blogosphere will act like a little galaxy. You actually float in this enormous galaxy, and the gravity of your interests, posts, tags, links, blogrolls and memes attrracts and get you attracted to a whole new line of people that you haven’t known they even exist…
- Because I always like to test new business opportunities. I take the business side of blogging seriously. Really seriously. I started my online business in Romania 8 years ago, when you hardly could find a person out of one million to know what is Internet, and now I just reached the 1.000.000 unique monthly visitors mark on my network of sites. Blogging will have the same evolution, only faster. And, if I decided I will go on that race, I want to have front seats 🙂
- Because I do enjoy technicalities like programming, setting up servers and sites, widgets, plugins, and so on… I really do.
Well, that was me. Now, for the rest of the people I would like to hear, I have several choices, unfortunately, more than 5. So, I have to take one second to think about it. … Ok, done :-).
I summon the following fellow bloggers: John Chow, Darren Rowse (two of my preferred money-bloggers), Brett Kelly from crankingwidgets.com, Glen Stansberry from lifedev.net, which together are some of my fellow GTD-ers out there in the blogosphere, and Simonne Matthew from AllTipsAndTricks.com.
While I understand the fact that following or not a meme it’s a personal choice, and some of the tagged people will do it, some may not, I do hope for the best and I expect that I would eventually come up with some fine answers for my most hidden questions about those fine bloggers :-).[tags]why I blog, blogging[/tags]
In a dystopian world driven by incessant hunting for attention, a few characters are embarking on a journey of discovery. Pushed forward by ambitions or just curiosity, they will eventually discover that life, as they knew it, was simply a cover for a much deeper, sometimes elusive, order.
If you want to know how their journey unfolds, check out my first science-fiction book on Amazon. Click the link below or the cover on the left.
The World, Dripping - All You Need Is Attention