Making money is just a part of the equation – and not even the most difficult one. I learned this the hard way. The most important part is to develop a mindset that will help you overcome any challenge that life will throw at you (because, sooner or later, life will drag into crisis).
I call this mindset “financial resilience”, or the ability to keep a steady income, regardless of the surrounding context.
In today’s world, the ability to move fast might make the difference between being blocked in an authoritarian regime, or living free.
Being location independent is not necessarily about being a digital nomad (although this is still an option), but more about being able to adapt fast to different countries and cultures, while still maintaining a balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
When you think about meaningful relationships, your first thought is probably about romantic, soul-mate like encounters. While these are still valid, as an option, they’re also somehow limitative.
There’s so much more to experiment when you decide to have meaningful relationships. There’s an entire spectrum, from friendship to romantic love, and from parenting to casual acquaintances.
Latest Blog Posts
- Maintaining Consistency In Disrupting TimesI love my routines. There you go, I said it. I love to engage in long, consistent projects until they either become long term habits, or just parts of my … Read more
- Monday Moving Forward – Renegotiate Some CommitmentsIf it’s Monday, it’s another Monday Moving Forward post, one of those in which I’m exploring ways (some allegedly better than others) to get unstuck, start the week on a … Read more
- Learning How To LearnWhen I got into digital nomading, and later on, into the broader topics of location independence and financial resilience, a consistent part of my approach was to learn new skills. … Read more
- The Most Expensive Things In The Universe Are Not DiamondsIt’s stupidity. I know you didn’t expect this, and I’m sorry. But it’s true, and not because I said so. Acting stupidly is the only approach guaranteed to make you … Read more
- If It’s Not 100% “Yes”, Then It’s A “No”Decision making is a strange beast. It might be the most flexible, volatile and versatile process humans use during their entire existence. The same reasons supporting a certain decision, can … Read more
- How To Start A New Country – The PracticalitiesThis is a follow up to Balaji Srinavasan’s article on the same topic. If you want a broader context, I highly recommend you to read that article first. Without further … Read more
- The Case For Permanent Limited SupplyCryptocurrencies are pushing the world forward these days, they’re way beyond the point of “just some punks playing with toy money”. There are a few caveats, though, some of them … Read more
- Minding Your Own Business At Home? You May Unintentionally Entertain Someone (While Making Someone Else Rich)IoT, or Internet of Things, is, in theory, a beautiful thing. For instance, your fridge may be connected to the Internet, and, with a little bit of tweaking, it can … Read more
- Monday Moving Forward: Pick A Theme For The DayWelcome to another Monday Moving Forward post, in which we explore ways to navigate the beginnings of the week smoother, nicer and, generally speaking, with not too much friction. If … Read more
Know when I write something new. It’s that easy: