Making money is just a part of the equation – and not even the most difficult one. I learned this the hard way. The most important part is to develop a mindset that will help you overcome any challenge that life will throw at you (because, sooner or later, life will drag into crisis).
I call this mindset “financial resilience”, or the ability to keep a steady income, regardless of the surrounding context.
In today’s world, the ability to move fast might make the difference between being blocked in an authoritarian regime, or living free.
Being location independent is not necessarily about being a digital nomad (although this is still an option), but more about being able to adapt fast to different countries and cultures, while still maintaining a balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
When you think about meaningful relationships, your first thought is probably about romantic, soul-mate like encounters. While these are still valid, as an option, they’re also somehow limitative.
There’s so much more to experiment when you decide to have meaningful relationships. There’s an entire spectrum, from friendship to romantic love, and from parenting to casual acquaintances.
Latest Blog Posts
- Showing Up Every Day For One YearThat’s it. I made it. I published every single day an article on this blog for an entire year, this is the last one. What started on January 1st, ends on December 31st. It’s done. How … Read more
- Optimize For What’s NecessaryTechnology optimizes for performance. Business optimizes for profit. Biological evolution optimizes for survival. Spirituality optimizes for compassion (non-aggression). How does this work out in real life? Performance Optimizations To be successful, any technology must optimize for … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – DecemberDecember feels like half a month. I say “feels” and not “felt” because we still have 2 and a half more days from it, yet I decided to write the recap already. It feels like half … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – NovemberNovember was a pivotal month. Not necessarily in the “upwards pivoting” way, as expected after a very promising October, getting ready for a breakthrough on so many levels. Nope, it was more like “ups, you still … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – OctoberIn October, the summer was over, and time for reaping the results of what I tried to plant in the previous months finally came. October was a month filled with action, with increased confidence and with … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – SeptemberSeptember was also a good month. There were a few plans that were overlapping, and going back through my posts I can clearly see them. The first plan was about training for the marathon that was … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – AugustAugust was a very productive month. Not necessarily in terms of writing, although I consistently wrote abut the base topics on this blog, but mostly in terms of how life unfolded after I settled in. During … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – JulyJuly was a settling month. A little bit of routine settled in, but I also allocate time for more exploration. Many a posts from this month are about direct experiences had in the new city, like … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – JuneAfter 5 very tumultuous months (although just by looking at the articles here you couldn’t tell) June was finally a month for rest. Not in the sense of vacationing, but more like settling down, re-inserting in … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – MayMay was my first month into a new country, so the move was roughly completed. I didn’t set base into a long term accommodation yet, I was still searching, the long term thing happened only in … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – AprilApril was a pivotal month, a lot of stuff happened. It was the last month spent in Spain, as of May 1st I was already completely relocated in Portugal. Because of that, many of the actions … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – MarchMarch was a good month. In hindsight, it was the bottom of the downfall created by Covid, but at that time I didn’t know yet. At the end of March I started the research trip for … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – FebruaryLet’s continue the monthly recap of 2021. February was a slightly better month than January, on many levels. Each year, after the gloomy January, the new year processes are finally unfreezing and things are getting into … Read more
- 2021 Monthly Recap – JanuaryLess than 2 weeks until the end of the year – and, with that, the end of my 365 daily writing challenge. That means there’s still time for a recap. Since I already have a post … Read more
- Friday Evening, A Week Before ChristmasThe city is slowly preparing for holidays. It’s not too crowded, but not deserted as it was last year. Just normal, I guess. The Christmas lights are flooding the central neighborhoods, creating small, intricate spirals of … Read more
Know when I write something new. It’s that easy: